Precepts of the Church
- To do penance, including abstaining from meat and fasting from food on appointed days.
- To strengthen and support the Church, through action of Stewardship: One's own parish community and parish priests; the worldwide Church and the Holy Father.
- To observe the marriage laws of the Church: To give religious training (by example and word) to one's children; to use parish schools and religious education programs.
- To study Catholic teaching in preparation for the Sacrament of Confirmation, to be confirmed, and then to continue to study and advance the cause of Christ.
- To lead a sacramental life: To receive Holy Communion frequently and the sacrament of Reconciliation regularly - minimally, to receive the sacrament of reconciliation at least once a year - minimally to receive Holy Communion at least once a year, between the first Sunday of Lent and Trinity Sunday.
- To keep holy the day of the Lord's Resurrection: To worship God by participating in Mass every Sunday and Holy Day of Obligation; to avoid those activities that would hinder renewal of soul and body; e.g. needless work and business activities, unnecessary shopping, etc.
- To join in the missionary spirit and apostolate of the Church.